We are happy to announce that we are approaching to the second stage of out project “Home” The project will take place in Luxembourg, from 8th of April 2017 (Arrival) to 15th of April 2017 (Departure).
The project “Home” promotes and supports the role of young people in activities that contribute to living together in dignity and dialogue through a network of specifically trained young people from Hungary, France, Luxembourg, Italy, Armenia, Egypt, Jordan, Russia, Czech Republic and Georgia who strengthen the presence and promote the values of the European citizenship in communities facing refugee crises.
“Home” is organized by Association des Egyptiens au Luxembourg (AEL) with support from the Service National de Jeunesse the Erasmus+ National agency in Luxembourg in cooperation with the World Indpendent Youth Union (WIYU) in Armenia and Academy of Innovation (AI) in Russia.
The project has 2 activities: – Training Course “Home” and Study Visit “Home”
The first part took place in Yerevan, Armenia, from 2nd of February 2017 (Arrival) to 9th of February 2017 (Departure). Representatives from Hungary, France, Luxembourg, Italy, Armenia, Egypt, Jordan, Russia, Czech Republic and Georgia participated in this project
Now we are looking forward to the second stage Study Visit I Luxebourg.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY VISIT “HOME”
- To discover the youth work and youth NGOs’ reality in the country hosting refugees;
- To get to know policy developed by the Government of Luxembourg related to refugees;
- To understand the influence of armed conflict, closed borders and plus refugees crises on the daily life of young people and how that affects their behavior and mentality;
- To create a space for dialogue among youth and youth workers from Europe and its neighbor countries for fostering transnational cooperation/trans-regional cooperation in refugees related issues;
- To promote peace education and non-violent conflict resolution among youth in the country and in the region;
- To highlight the role of new youth programme (Erasmus +) in the process of peace-building and intercultural learning.
We are really excited and see you soon in Luxembourg.