LTTC for trainers, youth workers and educators of graphic facilitation and visual educational tools
Life is diverse and colorful: different places, different countries, different cultures and different people. Through the whole life, we always meet something new, something unknown, something strange. It brings challenges and possibilities. It, also might lead us to misunderstandings, frustrations, fears, exclusion and violence. On the other hand, new things give us different perspective and point of view, inspire us to discover, to develop fresh ideas, motives us and stimulate our curiosity. So we can move to new challenges and achievements. Moreover, of course, as younger we are the as more new discoveries and challenges we meet.
Today youth meets all of this life challenges unarmed. In addition, our responsibility, as youth workers, educators and trainers through our youth work and trainings, provide all necessary tools and competence for them, such as respect, tolerance, non-violent communication, mutual understanding, open mind, diverts thinking and many others.
The universal skill we all have is communication and it depends from how we use it, it can be problem or solution of all our challenges both for youth and youth workers (educators and trainers).
As one of the most important jobs of trainers, youth workers and educators it is to transmit, pass, facilitate and manage information communication, presentation skills are one of the key competences for a trainer. Verbal way is just one of the communication channels, that is why, we would like to work more on development visual information channels.
Why Visual thinking skills are important for youth trainers?:
Visualization and interactivity of the information and process are important part of educational work.
- It makes course interactive helps to keep concentration on the process and simplifies the obtaining and digesting information. That is especially important in the work with youngsters and youth.
- It brings diversity to the work and gives different perspectives on the activities and topics.
- It gives creativity to the process. You can have verity of possibilities to work on the same things with different approaches and tools.
- It makes works interesting and this factor keeps motivation and inspire self-initiatives.
- In the international and intercultural meetings, it helps to overcome language cultural barriers and misunderstandings.
- It helps to organize and structures own thought and information you are working on. To convey complex or potentially confusing information
- It helps trainers, youth workers and educators themselves to keep motivation in work and develop own skills, to externalize own internal thinking processes, making them more clear, explicit and actionable.
Visual thinking is a vital skill for developing new ideas and projects, communicating those ideas effectively, and collaborating with others to make them real.
This is why we propose LTTC “GO VISUAL”.
We decided to create a long-term training course for trainers, youth workers and educators that will focus on the following objectives:
- To increase awareness of using visual thinking tools in youth work and training
- To learn what are those tools and how to apply them to concrete youth training practice
- To create a common “graphical vocabulary” that can be shared with more youth trainers and youth workers afterwards
- To explore different art and graphic techniques and define how they can be useful in our work with youth.
- To try out different techniques and identify what is more fit to your own personality facilitating style.
- To become more self-expressive and to reduce risks of misunderstanding
- To learn how to stimulate critical thinking with graphical tools
LTTC “GO VISUAL” consists of two parts and four trainings.
TC “GO Graphical” visual thinking tools for youth training
First training related all kinds of graphic tools and techniques. Everything related to the art, dewing and graphics:
- Visual thinking
- Graphic facilitation
- Poster making
- Graphic recording
- Mind Mapping and e.t.
TC “GO Digital” training related all digital skills. Everything related to the video, photo, digital and on-line tools:
- Move making
- Spot motion
- On-line tools
Part II – Also will contain two trainings sharing and learning of all other kind of interactive, visual and game methods and techniques that help us to run the trainings and work with youth.